SHARP has been asked for assistance in placing 9 huskies needing homes due to family issues. The dogs are all currently located in Whitehorse, Yukon but transport can be arranged to Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver (possibly further east for the right home).
Assistance is also required for food and vetting whilst they are in temporary foster care – all dogs will be spayed/neutered if not already done. The group includes a mother, father and offspring siblings. If you can help with donations or by sharing to get these dogs new homes.
Donations can be sent to: https://www.gofundme.com/f/u9v8x82k and please mention it is for the Whitehorse 9 dogs to go direct to their care.
Please note these dogs:
- are mainly ideal for active persons and/or loving families
- need large amounts of exercise and care
- are primarily kept outside and can be used for recreational dogsledding/ski-joring/hiking
- most would not fair well in a multi-dog home and not good with small animals or cats
- can be placed individually or in groups together
- there is one bonded pair (male and female) that would do better placed together
- none are crate trained
Adoption fees are listed on each dog.
JURI: ADOPTION PENDING
- Siberian Husky/Alaskan Malamute
- Male – neutered
- 5 years old
- A highly dedicated and powerful puller
- Trained wheel dog
- Loves to cuddle
- $150 adoption fee
Juri would pair well with another dog, he’s very easy going. He is not completely house broken so that will need some training but he will figure it out. He is pretty quiet. He will pull apart chain link if he finds a weak spot but overall he is very calm and not an escape artist. He is in between a Malamute and a Siberian for size. He has been losing a little bit of weight with being on weight management food. He will need leash training but as long as it’s put higher on the neck he adapts well and listens.